Tuesday 22 January 2013

On my bedside table | Night time routine

I am so nosy...I would love to wonder around someones house and snoop in drawer's so these posts appeal to me!

You can be the nosy one and see what I am currently using.

My skin is a bit sickly looking at this current time. I have a few breakouts, a cold sore and some weird spots that I'm not sure what they are yet but they are big lumps that may be an allergic reaction to something I am using. So I have really broken down my skincare to basic products made for break out prone skin.


  • La Roche Posay eye make up remover. I have very sensitive eye area but this eye make up remover is gentle and gets every bit of make up off. 

I have already cleansed when I get into bed to do this bit of my routine. 
i can never get all my eye makeup off with just cleanser so this is to get the last bit of eye make up off. 

  • La Roche Posay Effeclar K. This is a serum for breakout prone skin. I can't say it works miracles but I don't want to irritate my skin further with products that are not for breakouts. I really want the Effeclar duo as it sounds amazing! My nearest boots never has it in stock though.
  • Alpha H eye complex. This is a gel based eye cream/gel. It feels really refreshing on my eyes and is great to use in the morning. typically I don't use an eye cream on days i am at work as i just don't have the time so i use this at night and find i wake up looking refreshed and bright eyed. 
  • Blistex Relief Cream. This is a cream that is for use on very dry lips. I find it keeps lips moisturized and in the morning they feel plump and ready for the harsh winter weather. 
  • Boots own cold-sore treatment. This is obviously not glamorous or fun to use but I unfortunately suffer with cold-sores. I get them when I am run down or have a cold. And find they usually go away by using a treatment cream like this. They sell them in pound-land but I didn't have chance to grab one so had to pay £5.00 for this one! 
  • Pearl Drops over night Beauty Serum. This is something new to me, its a serum you rub onto your teeth after you have brushed them and you leave it on over night. It is supposed to whiten your teeth while you sleep. You can't feel it and it just tastes minty and fresh. I can't comment if its made my teeth whiter as i am currently using a couple of whitening 'treatments' but its half price at boots so around £1.50 I would say it was worth a go for that!  
So that is what I am currently using. I change up my routine depending on how my skin is acting at the time. 

Rach xx



No comments:

Post a Comment