Thursday 1 November 2012

It's not where the story ends It's where it all begins |make up obbsesion TAG


1.When did you begin loving makeup?

I have always had a fascination with make up. I still have a lipstick my mom must have had when i was around 7. which i don't use but i like to open it and smell it and it is full of memories. 

I didn't really have a female influence when i was starting to wear make up on a daily basis i was around 13 and my mom had left the family home and i had no female family around. my mom had left a few bits which just did not match my skin tone so i wore orange foundation blue eye shadow and orange lipstick...i must have looked a state. I wore make up a couple of times but would rather sleep than get up to apply make up before school. 
i was def obsessed with lip gloss throughout high school. i had a pocket full but it put me off lip gloss i now hardly ever wear it at all. 
I started wearing make up more regularly when i was 16 and at college. And really fell in love at around 20 i started goggling and searching YouTube for how to apply make up as none of my friends wear much so i just learnt by myself. i think my makeup technique now is so much better. and its what i want to do as a career, which at school and college it was never really an option. YouTube is entirely to blame for my expensive make up addiction!


2. How do you feel without makeup on?

I prefer to wear make up but i will walk the dog or go to the local shop without make up. It also depends how my skin is looking if i have a spot it makes me really paranoid people will think i am gross. 
I should be more confident without makeup but at this moment in time i am very insecure so having a layer of makeup just gives me a boost to my mood and self esteem. I suffer from depression and panic attacks and when i am feeling more relaxed in myself i will happily go out without my slap. 


3.What do you like about makeup?
I love the different looks you can create. If you're feeling inspired by the 20's or the eighties you can channel it through make up. 
It can change the look of an out fit whether it is making it complete to completely ruining it. 
I also think the special effects make up is amazing, you can make a 15 yr old look like a 90 yr old just using make up. 

4.Three 'Holy Grail' items?
Bare escentuals original foundation - This is amazing stuff, you can build it up for a high coverage but also wear it as a powder really minimal for a flawless and glowing complexion.  It lasts all day on my skin. 

MAC harmony blush- i use this as a contour and nothing compares to this. I use it daily it blends so easily and looks really natural but still gives a defined cheek. I want to try a cream contour from MAC next but i feel like nothing can out do this.

Loreal telescopic mascara- This is amazing stuff. it leaves lashes looking long and voluminousness. I prefer th orginal formula but i know people say the waterproof version holds a curl better. i have searched high and low for a mascara to out do this one but nothing has..yet.

this was quite a deep post for a beauty blog...Its quite interesting to see where obsessions begin! 
Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment