Sunday 24 March 2013

how to| Get good skin...

My skin has been problematic since i started getting into makeup, its oily yet dry. (I have since found it to be dehydrated rather than dry.) As a teenager i didn't suffer from spots and only now have i linked my breakouts to the fact i use products on my skin. when i was a teen i rarely wore face makeup or fancy scrubs and cleansers but here i am now spending a fortune on skincare to achieve amazing skin and finding my poor skin suffering from more and more breakouts.

I recently went on holiday and could only take a few products, considering my normal skincare routine consists of using a different cleanser every night, a scrub twice a week and a couple of different masks, now i was having to pick only a few products to take with me...nightmare!! I settled on taking a few samples as i could try out something new and also not take up a lot of room in the case.

While away in the sunshine my skin looked glowing and flawless. Looking back on photos i had barely any makeup on yet my skin looking amazing after only a couple of days of giving up my many skincare products  I got back home and started using different cleansers again, big mistake!! i had several breakouts, my skin looked red and dull.

Then it hit me...here i am using a balm, a gel, a micellular etc etc cleanser. when while away i stuck to the same cleanser  it was a Murad cleanser, but i have now stuck to one oil of olay cleanser and my skin has cleared up amazingly  I did use a couple of different moisturizer but they both broke me out so here are my tips on solving your skin issues:


  • Stop using products! stick to one cleanser at a time. this way you can see what is breaking you out and stop using that one product. 
  • Once you have found the cleanser that doesn't break you out start using other skincare products, IE one scrub (if your skin still doesn't break out after a couple of uses your safe, try another!)
  • Use products specific to your skin type. If you have dry skin use products for dry skin! make sure you know your skin type, i always thought mine was oily and dry but its actually just dehydrated and only oily in one place.
  • If you want to use a new product use it on only one part of you face, perhaps your cheek as its easier to hide breakouts. 
  • Try using natural products, make a face mask at home or try one from lush that doesn't contain chemicals. 
  • once you have your skin routine sorted don't forget and start using new products even if they are the new bloggers favorite!
  • drink water, i am forever saying i need to drink more water but always forget, but when i do you can see the difference. 
  • Take off your makeup before bed, how many times have we all heard this? just do it :) 

so those are my tips for achieving good skin, any products you think help blemish prone skin?


Rach xx

No comments:

Post a Comment